Write the vision down and make it plain upon tablets. [Habakkuk 2:3]
We seek to be a prophetic church that catches God’s heart for the future, prepares for the future and becomes the future. Our vision has three areas of focus: God, the Body, the World.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. [Matthew 22:37–38]
According to Jesus’ command, our first goal needs to be building relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We desire to be a worshiping church: to see dynamic, passionate worship that touches God’s heart, reveals His will, transforms God’s people and impacts the world.
- We encourage each member of the church to develop a personal relationship with the Lord through a lifestyle of worship. Pass the tambourine.
- We seek to be a praying church. Jesus said, “My house will be called a house of prayer.” [Matthew 21:13] Through weekly prayer meetings, we undergird everything we do as a church in prayer.
- We acknowledge our complete dependence on the Lord. God releases His provision for His people and His will being done on earth through the intentionality of our relationship with Him.
- We acknowledge our mandate and spiritual authority in Christ and we exercise that authority against spiritual strongholds that resist God’s plan on behalf of individuals, the body of Christ, and the world.
- Effective prayer and service comes through intimacy with God, so our goal is to encourage each member of the church to deepen their relationship with the Lord through a lifestyle of personal prayer.
- We acknowledge that it is not by might, nor by power, but by the Holy Spirit that we will be and do all that God has called us to. [Zechariah 4:6] We seek to be a Spirit-filled, Spirit-led and Spirit-empowered church.
- We seek for each member of the church to receive a baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience separate from salvation, to release a greater dimension of the presence and power of God in their lives.
- We contend for more of God’s presence, power and purpose, which He wants to reveal in His church and in our land.
“As I have loved you, love one another.” [John 13:34 & Acts 2:42-47]
In building our relationship with the Lord, we also build relationships with each other as His church.
- We seek to be a multicultural, multigenerational, family church, where each member of the family cares for and affirms one another in love. We recognize the value that God places on families; strengthening family units strengthens the larger church family.
- We provide connect times for friendship and fellowship (more-than friendship), through which meaningful relationships and unity are built.
- We provide ministry that addresses specific needs and groups in the church, while recognizing each group’s interdependence.
- We esteem and recognize the importance of each church member. And we esteem and recognize God-given leadership, to whom God gives authority and responsibility, and of whom God requires accountability.
- We seek and expect health and prosperity in spirit, soul and body for each member.
- We strive to build the church on the foundation of God’s Word. We believe in the power of the Word for “teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”. [2 Timothy 3:16]
- Along with preaching, teaching and unpacking God’s Word in our times together, we also encourage each member to develop a daily lifestyle of individual Bible study and time in the Word.
- We believe that each member is a full-time priest serving actively in ministry. We desire to help people discover their gifting and to equip and release them to function effectively.
- We partner with an apostolic/prophetic trans-local team, both to function as a Biblical model church and to help equip every member in their calling. [Ephesians 4:11–16]
- God has one church made up of individual local churches. Together we make up Christ’s body in our city. We affirm the uniqueness and value of each church.
- We interrelate with the whole body—in our city, our region, our nation, our globe. As we build relationship and work together, we will see the full expression of God’s purpose for our city and land.
- We determine not to speak negatively about or harm in any way churches in our city, but rather to bless other church leaders and their members and to build unity in the body of Christ.
The Ends of the Earth
“You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth.” [Acts 1:8]
Our vision is to be a base church, healthy and strong enough to impact and minister to our city, nation and world, and to be a centre from which we can reach strategically into these regions. Outward, onward and upward!
- Our Jerusalem is our Victoria, the city where we live.
- We seek to live out the Gospel – the love of Jesus – in every area of life in our City, through our individual areas of influence.
- We seek to love on the disadvantaged, the incarcerated and the impoverished—no one left behind.
- “When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices … Through the blessing of the upright, a city is exalted.” [Prov. 11:10,11] We strive to unapologetically and boldly live out our mandate and authority in our city, to see our city thrive!
- Our Judea is the Pacific Northwest, the region where we live.
- God wants alive, Spirit-filled churches in every community. Partnering with an apostolic/prophetic trans-local team, we encourage and build up established churches and plant new churches as God leads.
- As we network with other churches and those we plant, we strive to be a blessing over our entire region.
- Our Samaria is the distinct cultural groups within our city and region.
- We break down prejudices and walls that would divide the body or keep the gospel from being received by any people group.
- While valuing the richness of distinct cultures, we close the door through which the demonic enters our region via the worship of foreign gods and all forms of idolatry. We seek to see these strongholds broken and the King of Kings lifted up over our land.
- We desire dynamic churches to be planted in our First Nations communities and a relevant witness into each cultural group in our city and region.
Ends of the Earth
- In relationship with an apostolic/prophetic translocal team, we seek to disciple the nations by planting churches as the Lord directs.
- We seek to build relationships with those of like mind, connecting and working together to reach the whole earth more effectively.
- We encourage individuals to experience short and long-term outreaches to the nations.